AMIREN GRP pipe systems are predominantly designed for the trench-less renovation of gravity sewage systems with non-circular cross-sections. The pipes are manufactured in a discontinuous process by helical filament winding. Resin impregnated continuous and chopped fibreglass rovings are wound on a rotating oval mandrel with controlled sequences. Using this technology, a very dense laminate is created that maximizes the contribution from the three basic raw materials: glass fibres, resin and sand.
AMIREN oval shaped pipes meet Quality standards and test approvals of many countries in Europe. Among others, AMIREN products have passed the following standard tests:
- Abrasion test acc. to DIN EN 295 part 3/DIN19565 part 1, TU (Technische Universitat) Darmstadt, Germany
- Mechanical tests according to ISO 178, ISO 899-2, DIN EN ISO 527-4, DIN 53479, ISO 172
- Joint leak-proofness tests acc. to DIN 4060 MPA Dortmund, Germany
- High pressure jetting resistance test according to draft DIN 19523, IRO Oldenburg, Germany
- Static buckling test MFPA Leipzig, Germany
- Joint leak -proofness tests acc. to ÖNORM B 5163