The manufactured pipe’s circumferential (hoop) and axial load capacities are verified by testing. Pipe stiffness and deflection tests are also carried out. All these tests are done on a routine basis according to the Flowtite quality manual. In addition, pipe construction and composition are confirmed.
- There is no ultraviolet degradation that affects the long term service life of Flowtite pipes.
- For Flowtite pipe, the ratio for hoop (circumferential) loads and axial response ranges from 0.22 to 0.29.
- The thermal coefficient of axial expansion and contraction for Flowtite pipe is 24 to 30 x 10-6 cm/cm/°C.
- Depending on the operating temperature and the type of resin used in the production of the pipes and fittings, the pressure class may be affected at high temperatures. Special tailor-made solutions for high temperature applications are available on request.
- The recommended flow velocity for GRP pipes is 3.0m/sec. Depending on the transported fluid in the pipe, higher flow velocities are possible and accepted.
- Based on tests carried out in existing installations on Flowtite pipe, the Colebrook-White coefficient may be taken as 0.029mm. This corresponds to a Hazen- Williams flow coefficient of approximately C=150. The Manning coefficient n = 0.009.
- The standard stiffness classes manufactured are SN2500, SN5000 and SN10000. Other stiffness classes are available on request.
- Flowtite pipes can be supplied in the pressures classes between PN1 and PN32.
- The standard length of Flowtite is 6 or 12m. Individually tailored lengths up to 24 meters are also available on request. Diameters smaller than 300mm are only available in 6 meter standard lengths.
- Flowtite pipe systems are supplied in nominal diameters ranging from DN100 up to DN4000. Larger and intermediate diameters are also available on request. The locally manufactured standard diameter range varies according to manufacturing facilities.
- Flowtite GRP Pipes offer excellent resistance against many chemicals.
The list below is based on information supplied by resin manufacturers who provide Flowtite producers with their material. Thus, this guide provides only general information and does not imply approval of any application as Flowtite Technology has no control of the conditions of usage nor any means of identifying environments to which the pipe may unintentionally have been exposed.